|Choice. The easiest way to take control of your life and change your trajectory.|
Sometimes metaphysics and things like the Law of Attraction come across as being magical, mystical processes, which have no basis in reality. The way some teachers relay this information, you would think that they are teaching you ways to key into something which is out of your control. As long as your vibration is raised and you are thinking good thoughts, you will get whatever you desire. This is fractured thinking. The reality is, you do have control and you have always been in control. Where do you think the circumstances which brought about the coincidences you've been following came from? From you, by way of your choices.
My oldest niece was about nine years old. She was sitting on her bed, sorting through some belongings, huffing and sighing as she did so. I knew she had been sent to her room for a behavior of some sort and I asked her what was wrong. "Oh, nothing, Auntie. I'm just not making very good choices today." Her reply was amazing to me as some adults go through their whole lives without grasping this. I gave her a hug and told her she was supposed to have days like this when she was nine. It's part of growing up. But really, don't we have days like this as adults too? We just don't have someone hovering over us, divvying out immediate consequences when we make a choice that's not so good.
Where you are right now is due to all of the choices you made prior to arriving here. If there is something you don't like about your life, only you can change it. You are the only one who can change it because only you can make your choices (even if it is to choose to follow a choice someone else has suggested).
If there is something in your life that needs to change, you need to:
- Take ownership by acknowledging the choices you made to get you to where you are.
- Then, learn the lessons this situation is here to teach you.
This year is completely different for me in regards to my intentions with my physical health. Instead of making goals and demands of myself, I've narrowed it all down to choices. I'm not getting out my calendar and pushing myself to be a certain weight by a certain date. I'm not measuring myself relentlessly to see if I've lost inches. I'm simply focusing on making better choices in the moment. Choosing to make my own healthy meals to take with me to work. Choosing to prepare foods on the weekend so I have an array of easy and quick options for dinner during the week. Choosing to get up a half hour earlier to do yoga, meditate and exercise. Choosing to follow through on an invitation to workout with a trainer twice a week with my coworkers (which led to a moment of prosperity when my good friend and coworker offered to pay for my sessions every other week).
Suddenly I have more energy than ever. Suddenly I no longer crave junk food. Suddenly my body is craving push ups when I would normally want to sit on the couch. Suddenly I am seeing progress after a lifetime of struggle. No stress. No pressure. Just choices.
When it comes to changing your life and creating the life you want it is not all up to chance and fate. It's all about your choices because that is the one thing you can control. Stepping up and making the best choices for you is the only way to meet up with the future your are intending. When it comes to making a good choice I have developed a surefire way to make the best choice I can in the moment.
Are you familiar with the Serenity Prayer? It's a simple little prayer meant to be said in those moments when life seems out of control and confusing. It is meant for those moments when we feel cornered, trapped and at a loss for direction. It is my secret weapon and when applied to the concept of choice, it puts the ball in your court.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change.
The courage to change the things that I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
- The serenity to accept the things you can not change ~ You cannot change what has already happened, so stop wasting you energy on it. Regret and the lack of forgiveness will just get in the way of seeing the best choice in the moment. The only way using your time to focus on the past can be beneficial to making the best choice is if you are choosing to participate in a meditation or healing. These moments when the past is looked at, recreated or let go can most definitely give you a clearer picture of your present situation, therefore leading to making a better choice.
- The courage to change the things you can ~ Look at the situation and acknowledge the things you can change. As I said above, you can't change the past. You also can not change another person. But what you can do is find the courage to step outside your box and do things differently. Inevitably the one thing you will be able to change is the choices you are making. And as I've heard many of my mentors say, courage is what you gain after stepping outside your comfort zone.
- The wisdom to know the difference ~ Take a moment to acknowledge what changes are in your power and what are not. You may not be able to change the negative attitude of your boss or the temper tantrums your two year old has started throwing. But what you can change is how you choose to react to, interact with and deal with these tough situations.