|Anyone else have this late summer issue? ;~D|
With Peppers And Tomatoes
It's the end of summer and the harvests are flowing in. As long as the rain's been good, most gardeners end up with an abundance of tomatoes and peppers. This also means I get a lot of free eats from my gardening buddies. Fortunately, there are many things you can do with your cornucopia of veggies. Here are some of my favorites.
Grilled chicken salad with salsa, black beans and rice.
- Grill some local chicken to your liking
- Lay it out on your favorite greens
- Top with premade salsa, premade black beans and premade rice, all of which can be frozen months in advance.
Chicken fajitas with garlic, onion, peppers and tomatoes.
- Grill chicken in a pan with olive oil
- Add onion and garlic after
- Follow with green peppers and jalapenos
- Add tomatoes at the end
Speaking of guacamole...
- Chop a small tomato, jalapeno chili (heat is in the seeds and pulp), onion and cilantro.
- Combine with juice of one lime, salt and pepper.
- Mash in two large, ripe avocados
- Let it sit for 20 minutes then enjoy
Eat with tortilla chips, use it as a garnish for fajitas, tacos or salads. Or, you could simply spread it on a sandwich...
The ultimate BLT!
- Bring home some bacon/ Fry it up in a pan.
- Slice up some tomatoes
- Toast some bread
- Slather on guacamole
- Place bacon on that slice
- Put tomatoes on top of the bacon ~ salt and pepper
- Add a slice of nice romaine lettuce
P.S. Don't forget about the FOUR FREE Personal Insight Readings I'm giving away in September. Sign up for my free eBook, below, and you will automatically be signed up for my email list and be eligible to win. Keep an eye on your email!