OK, cats and kittens.
This post has been years in the making.
Even before I started blogging.
Even before there was an Internet.
I was experiencing the effects of the the dreaded Mercury Retrograde.
WHAT THE HECK IS IT?
An astrological occurrence that happens three times every year, Mercury actually spends about three weeks in retrograde with a week and a half shadow on either side.
Therefore, three times a year, for about a month and a half, we are subjected to what I have come to see as the BENEFITS of the Mercury Retrograde.
It's a time when it appears as if the planet Mercury is moving backwards. It makes its way around the sun faster than we do, so, even though it isn't really moving backwards, it looks like it is.
So, what happens astrologically is that whatever Mercury represents, or is in charge of, will more than likely be, um, not as "cooperative" as you are normally used to.
IF YOU FEAR THIS TIME OF YEAR...
Let's rip the band-aid off quickly.
These are all of the icky things that can happen. They can happen at any time of year, but will most likely happen during a Mercury Retrograde as the cards are more likely to be dealt.
Miscommunications with anyone and everyone. Money troubles. Car troubles. Computer troubles.
See the pattern there?
It's also recommended that you don't sign contracts, enter into business with anyone or make large purchases.
And, the biggest band-aid?
Well, if it's not working and hasn't been working, and you have been refusing to acknowledge it (whatever "it" may be), it will more than likely make its exit during a Mercury Retrograde.
If it's not for your greatest good, it will go.
This includes relationships of any kind.
Friendships, romantic, business, jobs, even relationships with food can be brought to an abrupt end during a Mercury Retrograde.
BUT WAIT! MERCURY RETROGRADES ARE ACTUALLY PRETTY COOL - I SWEAR!
- This is the perfect time to step back and observe your life. (Did you see that? Back? Like the backwards motion of Mercury?)
- It's great for contemplating spiritual beliefs and practices. Defining what's working for you and what isn't.
- It's a great time to become a hermit and tend to your home by getting rid of unused items, or tying up loose ends.
- It's also a great time to finish a project, maybe just not the best time to release it to the world.
- Take advantage of this time and practice surrendering.
- Also, don't be afraid to use this time to learn any lessons you've been avoiding. Mercury will place them out in plain view for you to dig into.
- Believe it or not, this is a great time to get together with old friends. Actually, it's not that hard to believe since we've established that Mercury appears to be moving backwards ;-)
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!
So, let's move on.
Now you are aware of what can go wrong and you are also aware of the immense positives that are possible as well.
No more excuses.
Think logically about your choices, but don't live in fear.
Own whatever life situations may pop up. Take responsibility for your input, learn and move on.
Let go of what is no longer working.
Quietly learn and grow.
Then when Mercury goes direct, you'll be locked and loaded.
Ready to move forward.
Wiser, clearer and more grounded in your purpose.
Love and hugs,