Saturday, January 31, 2015

I'm Still Here! I Swear!


Did you think I would just disappear?

Well, if I haven't been posting, you know there has been a damn good reason.

And here it is...

I did the tango with some January ice on my way back to work on January 5th.

I am a girl who walks her talk and have been away from technology so I can have all my chi for healing.

I am on the mend, had to have surgery and will be in a boot February 5th if all goes well.

I am learning so much about myself and those around me.

I will be sharing all of it throughout the coming weeks.

In the meantime, I have to say, one of the hardest things I've had to deal with is not being with my cats and Ken, in my own home.

It was best for me to stay with my parents as I've been able to be more independent due to being able to use their geriatric equipment.

The day of me surgery, my niece gave me this little fella and he has really helped me out...

So, stay tuned.

I am not down for the count.

I am simply being shown another way.

Here's the post from my personal Facebook page to fill in some of the blanks.


"We can rebuild her. We have the technology..."
Ha! Well, I am withdrawn from the nasty vicodin enough to sit up at the computer. I am healing well. Should have these stitches out on Thursday and be in a boot. Then comes the rehab. Apparently I have all kinds of hardware in my ankle. The more the swelling goes down, the more I feel it tongue emoticon
I will get a better idea of what they did when I see the xrays on Thursday. Apparently I was hobbling around with a shattered fibula and severed tendons while I was getting the swelling down for my surgery. The visiting nurses were amazed that I was up and about as soon as I was. Well, when nothing's dangling, it's easier to move around. (Sorry, TMI? )
Mom is healing a little slower and dad is slowly getting better from his back spasm. They both could use prayers and healing. I'm not going to lie. I am concerned. But mom's leg definitely looks better than it did even two days ago.
I'm doing all kinds of things I never though I could do. Giving myself shots of lovonex (blood thinner - apparently people are way less mobile than I've been after this surgery - it's to avoid blood clots) in my belly twice a day, cleaning and wrapping my own stitches (with mom's Myra help), using crutches...
I can not say enough good things about the staff at St. V's. From the emergency room, to my surgeon - Dr. Weber is da bomb! (and his two cool interns) - and the nursing staff. I could not have been better cared for.
This whole situation has made me and my whole family so much stronger. It has not been easy. I have had many dark days (mostly thanks to the annoying, but necessary pain killers - I'm a holistic girl - it has been a challenge tongue emoticon ), but I have had friends and family who have texted at just the right time ( AutumnLeanneChristopher) and many others who have sent cards and reiki healing.
Thanks everyone. I will keep you posted. In the meantime, since I haven't had a chance to say it yet - Here's to an amazing 2015! wink emoticon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...