It can seem illusive at times.
We get an idea in our head of what it means to be abundant and feel like we have failed completely if we do not meet this expectation.
The common definition of abundance is "to have plenty of" whatever it is we desire.
"That we have to work to acquire and hold onto whatever it is that we value."
"This holding on/back log of whatever it is we have acquired IS the abundance."
And this is why we get frustrated and confused, because this is not what abundance is.
Your abundance is more a verb than a noun.
TIME FOR A NEW IDEA
Recently, one of my favorite coaches, Anastasia Netri, gave the best analogy I have ever heard for abundance.
She stated that abundance is like sitting on a raft in a river where the dam has just broken.
We can't control the raft, so we go with it, flowing down the river, moving slowly in some spots and then moving swiftly, with great speed, in others.
And in the process of allowing ourselves to be moved along, without resistance, we arrive in places we would never have thought of on our own.
ALLOWING IS THE KEY TO ABUNDANCE
And allowing can sometimes be a little more complicated than it sounds.
But, the idea is that you must create a state of allowing, as much as you can.
Sure, you should surrender and let go, but why not engage in surrender after some inspired action.
Here's what you need to do:
- Keep your space clean. This way you keep your outlook brighter and make room for what the Universe is sending your way.
- Give away. Similar idea, except that you are creating space for what you are allowing. If something is headed your way, it needs a place to land and it's up to you to create it.
- Use abundant words. "I can't" and "I don't" create an outlook that means certain death to anything headed your way. If you "don't" have the money, express it differently. "I am momentarily shy on cash," creates a more abundant outlook.
- Who are you hanging out with? Be sure to spend time with people who have an abundant outlook. This includes virtual people. It's quite possible you are the only person you know who is living an abundant life. Reaching out to others in a Facebook Group is perfectly fine and will help immensely.
- Be appreciative. Be grateful for what you already have. You want to get to the point where the first words you say every morning are "Thank you."
- Remember, daily. You have to remind yourself to do these things. They are new. For me, the best way to get started was keeping a gratitude journal. It made everything else fall into place.
IT REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE
Once you discover that abundance (and prosperity) are about more than acquiring and hoarding what you desire, you will suddenly realize you have more than you ever needed.
Abundance is a way of being.
A way of life.
P.S. I will be teaching the first 4 week Brilliant Blogging class, beginning September 8th. I still have a few spots left. And the introductory pricing is still available. I'd love to have you join us. : )
Click Here for the special pricing.